- Dayton, OH
DAYTON LAMINA™ is an international manufacturing company with approximately 1,100 employees and $200 million annual sales. We are the worldwide industry leader in the production of catalog and special metal forming tools.
The Director of Engineering and Continuous Improvement will provide managerial leadership and direction to the Engineering, MPS (Continuous Improvement), and CAM programming departments, in accordance with the agreed-upon business plan.
- Lead the development, planning, and implementation of improvements to current methods and processes as well as next generation methods and processes for Dayton Lamina North America, primarily Ohio. This includes strong focus on cost reduction through shop floor Kaizen, application of new technology, and automation. Close collaboration with all Dayton departments is required.
- Support Manufacturing needs for technical direction as it relates to processes, methods and technology through your team of experts to create the best-in-class manufacturing for QCT (Quality, Cost, and Time/Delivery).
- Provide expert technical direction to the Engineering, MPS, and CAM programming departments to optimize the complete manufacturing process from Order Engineering through Shipping.
- When implementing new equipment and technology, develop a fully engineered process with consideration of all aspects of the methods that will be used to maximize QCT.
- Adopt and implement Best Practices from Dayton Lamina and Suruga facilities for like operations to ensure standardization and maximize the corporate investment in new manufacturing methods.
- Drive implementation of Digital Manufacturing through the implementation of 3D2M technology for Specials in order to continuously improve QCT while reducing dependency on operator skill.
- Lead the development and implementation of new processes and methods for new products to be produced within Manufacturing.
- Coordinate and work closely with Maintenance on installation and development of new equipment and processes.
- Maintain and develop a systematic process of managing and controlling projects to meet performance targets and completion dates for all members of the team.
- Develop and execute the annual budget for your departments.
- Support Engineering and MPS requirements of other Dayton Lamina operations and be a major driver on standardization of like processes across the company.
- Decrease the Total Maintenance costs on an annual basis through TPM and investments.
- Develop and implement an energy policy and goals to reduce energy consumption per unit on an annual basis.
- As a member of the Suggestion Committee, champion the implementation of the suggestions adopted that relate to your departments.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten years of proven managerial experience in Manufacturing operations and Engineering
- Minimum of five years experience in using various continuous improvement (kaizen) techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Visual Management, and time study to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Strong record of accomplishments demonstrated by measurable successes.
- Strong verbal leadership, communication and computer skills also required.
We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, including a contributory 401(K) and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm at:
500 Progress Road
Dayton, Ohio 45449