Provide managerial leadership and direction for product development, product planning and product marketing. This includes but not limited to managing the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver successful products to the market. Requires working with manufacturing, engineering, sales, marketing and support personnel to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction strategies and goals are achieved.
Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth. May manage other product managers or analysts to satisfy above processes or internal needs.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage strategy and processes for product strategy, new product identification, stage gate type development, commercialization and launch.
- Using market research to get ideas for products that customers will want.
- Work closely with estimating, processing and manufacturing teams to deliver & exceed customer expectations. Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Providing management with analyses and reports and responding to questions and requests from management
- Represent the company by visiting customers to sell, troubleshoot, train, and solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Drive product launches including working with marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Drive development and improvements to sales & order supporting processes, tools, content. May include website product data, tools, new apps, conversion information, training materials or others as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required in order to communicate with customers, team members, other departments, and management.
- Expertise in the product or market including specific technical or industry knowledge.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Other job responsibilities will be assigned by management as required and as appropriate to the position.
- At times, weekend work may be required to accomplish all tasks on-time and/or to complete work related to competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree: BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience (or interaction with manufacturing)
- 2+ years of customer interaction experience in sales, engineering or business development.
- Solid manufacturing background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Dayton Lamina manufacturing operations or similar past experience.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Technically capable, excellent communicator and a desire to improve processes.