- Dayton, OH
Title: Kaizen Leader – Leader of Continuous Improvement (Kaizen and the Misumi Production System)
Reports to: Vice President and General Manager of Dayton Progress
Based at: Dayton, OH facility
Job Purpose: Provide leadership and direction to the MPS (Continuous Improvement) department in accordance with the annual business plan. Champion all activities related to Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) with the ultimate goal of establishing a company culture of Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) in Dayton Lamina.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Work with VP, GM of Dayton Progress to create and implement a plan and strategy for Continuous Improvement in Dayton that supports corporate goals and core values.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a change agent, appropriately confronting challenges and problems and effectively overcoming/resolving them.
- Focus on cost reduction through regular non-capital Kaizen initiatives as well as application of technology and automation including working closely with all Dayton departments as needed.
- Promote development of best-in-class manufacturing for Quality, Cost, and Time.
- Taking an enthusiastic, hands-on role to model successful selection, planning, execution, and follow-up of Continuous Improvement projects and activities. Use these activities to teach and develop necessary skills in members of the department, management, engineering and others in the company.
- Provide expert technical direction to the MPS department and others to optimize the total manufacturing process from Order Entry to Shipping. This includes direction on performance reporting including analysis of results.
- When planning for, setting up, and starting up new equipment and processes, work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to develop a fully engineered process with consideration for all aspects of processes and methods, maximizing results for Quality, Cost, and Time.
- Adopt and implement Best Practices from Dayton Lamina and Suruga facilities for like operations to ensure standardization between DLNA and Japan as well as standardization of like processes in NA. Maximize corporate investments in new manufacturing methods.
- Work with VP, GM of Dayton Progress to develop and execute the annual budget and business plan for your department, ensuring that all operational KPI’s are met.
- Work with VP, GM of Dayton Progress to develop and maintain a structured, systematic process for managing and controlling all projects to meet or exceed performance targets and completion dates.
- Focus on Manufacturing in the Dayton, OH location with support for Continuous Improvement needs in other Dayton Lamina operations as needed.
- Champion activities related to annual visit by Kaizen experts from Japan HQ.
- Minimum of BS in Engineering or related field required.
- At least 5-8 years of strong, proven, shop floor experience in improving manufacturing operations using a variety of methods and tools.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Black Belt required; experience in using 5S, Visual Management, and time study techniques strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities along with strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office apps including Excel, Word, and Power Point required.
- ERP-literate including experience with ERP systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, PLEX or others preferred.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, passion, and a sense of urgency for Continuous Improvement along with strong interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills
- Able to travel internationally and domestically (10% to 20%)
- Other job responsibilities will be assigned by management as required and as appropriate to the position.
- At times, weekend work may be required to accomplish all tasks on-time and/or to complete work related to competing priorities.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com
OR Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm at:
500 Progress Road
Dayton, Ohio 45449