Reports to: Plant Manager
Based at: Dayton, OH Facility
Provide management, leadership, and direction to Supervisors and employees. Ensure that company policies, practices, and related actions are consistently applied on all shifts by working with shift Supervisors and others within company as needed. Spearhead activities to ensure manufacturing goals and targets for Safety, Quality, Cost, and Time are achieved in accordance with the company Business Plan. Coordinate and integrate activities across all shifts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
KPI's (Key Performance Indicators)
- Maintain a Safe work environment at all times, ensuring that all Safety rules and procedure are followed. Report and follow-up on all Safety incidents as well as preventive actions needed.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, hands-on approach to managing daily operations, taking actions necessary to ensure that product is progressing through manufacturing on-schedule.
- Review capacity constraints with Supervisors daily to ensure that they are moving work and/or labor to the appropriate Work Centers to meet scheduled work order due dates. Specifically, balance operations as needed to meet delivery requirements.
- Maintain and review relevant reports. Take actions necessary based on the information. This includes communication and coordination with all shifts and departments regarding operational, maintenance, or other issues.
- Facilitate maximum efficiency and productivity of Supervisors, production employees, and manufacturing processes through regular reviews and feedback.
- Drive continuous improvement through review and analysis of production operations, processes, and systems to determine causes of Quality nonconformities and other production problems, then urgently implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluate customer complaints and/or product returns to understand if they are valid. If they resulted from a failure in Manufacturing, determine root cause(s) and implement effective, robust counter-measures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Provide management direction to Supervisors and employees in the building. This includes providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring as opportunities arise.
- Review employee evaluations to ensure that the evaluations and associated pay increases are administered consistently and on time.
- Ensure that disciplinary actions and documentation for Safety, Scrap, Attendance, and Productivity are completed consistently and on-schedule.
Other Job Skills
- Experience as a Plant Supervisor, Superintendent, or equivalent leadership experience with direct responsibility for oversight and management of employees and all aspects of industrial manufacturing operations.
- Must be a driven, highly motivated, shop floor individual with an attention to detail.
- Interpersonal Skills: must be able to interact effectively with other Superintendents, Supervisors, employees, and other departments as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point); ERP systems a plus.
- Experience in the use of precision measuring devices (scales, calipers, gages, etc.) including interpretation of results.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, sketches, or other descriptions of parts to be fabricated, and to determine if a part meets required Quality criteria.
- Effective problem-solving skills; must demonstrate the ability and initiative to quickly analyze and understand situations, taking appropriate, decisive action as needed.
- Effective time management skills; must demonstrate the ability to meet production and other deadlines as well as managing their personal time effectively.
- Experience with precision machining processes preferred; includes soft turning, lathes, mills, and surface grinding.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques a plus (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Visual Management, others).
Education: Associates or Bachelor's Degree a plus.
Note: Weekend work required to accomplish all tasks on time and/or to complete work related to competing priorities.