In-die tapping units make secondary tapping operations unnecessary. You can form parts and tap holes from 0-1/4" (MO to M6) in the same die and reduce the cost of tapped holes up to 90%!
In-die tapping provides the following advantages and benefits:
- Off-the-shelf ordering
- Eliminates secondary or off-line tapping operations; form and tap in the same operation
- Cam-operated ME tapping units designed to optimize performance in most mechanical presses
- Compact, low profile LP tapping units with no limitations on tapping angle; tap upwards, downwards or at any angle in between
- Provides misfeed protection against a no-hole condition
- Cold formed tapping results in high-strength threads without chip formation
- Easy to move from one die set to another
- No limitation with open die height or press stroke
Learn about Rapid T.A.P. In-Die Tapping and Cam Driver Design Software.