We are looking for a Network Engineer to establish and maintain network performance by building network configurations and connections, and troubleshooting network problems. The position is based in Dayton, Ohio (Job is physically performed out of this facility). The successful candidate must possess the following qualities:
- CCNA or higher
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (DMVPN, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a Valid Passport when needed
Recommended Hardware Skills
- Cisco ASA’s, Routers, Switches,
- Cisco UCS Servers
- Cisco VOIP systems
- Dell Enterprise Servers (DRAC, Boot from SAN)
- Windows, Linux, and Novell Servers
- Virtual Systems VMWare and Hyper-v
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation
- Network defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance.
- Troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades.
- Collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Cisco Phone system maintenance and support
- Monitor network usages by employees and devices
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, firewall protection.
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.
- Assist the help desk staff in problems that are beyond their scope or skill set.
- Analyzing and resolving faults from a system down
We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefit package and a contributory 401(K).
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com
OR Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm at:
500 Progress Road
Dayton, Ohio 45449